Website Eden Scott Ltd
Business Development Manager/Director
Eden Scott client is a recent spinout of UWS that now operates out of Scotland’s Bio City on the M8 corridor. Having successfully completed their seed funding round earlier this year they are now focused on building their team.
The key responsibility is to create and manage the overall sales and marketing strategy for the business and to set out and meet the agreed sales and marketing targets within time and cost constraints.
- Business planning – Support the team in the preparation or revision of business plans
- Sales and Marketing budget – Manage the sales and marketing budget within known and agreed limits
- Market Intelligence – Procure or prepare market intelligence papers / databases of competitive information for all the sectors of interest including players in the sectors, market shares, competitor specifications, pricing and other competitive information
- Website – Manage the website and social media activities
- Literature – Prepare the promotional literature in support of the USP’s by product / market
- Set up – Set up and run the procedures and CRM system to ensure efficient running of the sales function including the documentation requirements to support quotations, management of PO’s, order acknowledgement, invoicing, cash collection and after sales support – all in line with quality system requirements
- Sales order process – Manage the sales order process from inception, quotation, sales order management and cash collection where appropriate
- Distribution and sales channels – propose, agree and set up distribution / partnerships as necessary to expand the company’s global footprint
- Travel – Visit customers and potential customers, host visits, promote the company’s products and close orders with customers
You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline and have direct experience working for an early-stage/start-up technology business. Individuals with specific exposure to the sensors market would be of considerable interest.
You will be a natural and proficient communicator with the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team and be able to develop strong relationships with customers, distributors etc. Exposure of the following standards would also be of great interest: ISO9001 / 13485 / CE marking / FDA regulations.
Please note: All 3rd party or direct CV’s will be forwarded to Eden Scott for review.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an exciting and challenging environment – for an informal discussion please call Keith Tocher on 0131 550 1130 or email email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org